The Guidance Department is hosting an evening presentation on Tuesday, November 7th at 6:00 in the Theater for any student-athlete interested in pursuing college athletics. Parents are encouraged to attend with their students. This is a must attend event for any student considering the opportunity to compete at the college level.
The evening will cover many important topics including:
- High school academic eligibility rules
- Academic preparation and rigorous coursework
- The difference between a-g eligibility & NCAA eligibility
- The competitive college athletic environment
- Opportunities for student-athletes at the collegiate level
- NCAA Division I facts – eligibility criteria & rules
- NCAA Division II facts – eligibility criteria & rules
- NCAA Division III facts – eligibility criteria & rules
- NCAA Eligibility Center – new changes affecting student registration, cost, registration process & timeline
- Early Academic Qualifiers
- NAIA facts – eligibility criteria, contact/recruiting opportunities & rules
- NAIA Eligibility Center – registration process, cost, Early Decision opportunity & optional Connections Service
- College Admissions Testing – taking the PSAT, SAT & ACT
The flyer below has the event information. Please print it and give it to others who may be interested.